What are the Digitisation Days?
The Digitisation Days are a major event in text digitisation field organised by the Succeed project and the IMPACT Centre of Competence. This event includes:
- The DATeCH (Digital Access to Textual Cultural Heritage) international conference.
- An exhibition of digitisation technology where leading companies will showcase state-of-the-art tools.
- The Succeed Awards ceremony.
- Panel discussions on the future of digitisation, IPR issues, etc.
Where and when will they take place?
The Digitisation Days will take place in Madrid at the facilities of the Biblioteca Nacional de España (Paseo de Recoletos, 20-22), 19-20 May 2014.
Why should I attend the Digitisation Days?
- Become aware of new technology for the digitisation of textual content.
- Influence future trends in digitisation: meet researchers, leading companies, and service providers and discuss your requirements.
- Participate in the discussions about the future of digitisation. Experts and representatives of the European Commission will share their vision.
- Network and build new connections with representatives of libraries, companies and institutions involved in digitisation.
A round table is scheduled to roadmap the future research for the digital library. All participants, both technological experts and librarians, are invited to take part in a round table meeting to address questions like:
- What further research/development is needed to support the creation and maintenance of a digital library?
- How can European competence centres (such as Impact Centre of Competence, Open Planets Foundation, or V-Must.net) contribute to the advance of the state-of-the-art?
How can I register?
Share this Post