We are proud to announce that the DATeCH International Conference and the Digitisation Days will take place on 1-2 June, 2017, in Göttingen. Below, we include the information of the DATeCH call for papers. For further information, please visit http://ddays.digitisation.eu.
Call for papers
The DATeCH international conference brings together researchers and practitioners looking for innovative approaches for the creation, transformation and exploitation of historical documents in digital form.
- 7 January 2017 – Paper submission deadline
- 28 February 2017 – Decision notification
- 31 March 2017 – Camera-ready papers due
- 1-2 June 2017 – Conference
The conference aims to foster interdisciplinary work and linking together participants engaged in the following areas:
- Text digitization and OCR.
- Digital humanities.
- Image and document analysis.
- Digital libraries and library science.
- Applied computational linguistics.
- Interfaces and human-computer interaction.
Topics of interest are all those related to the practical and scientific goals listed above, such as:
- OCR technology and tools for minority and historical languages.
- Methods and tools for post-correction of OCR results.
- Automated quality control for mass OCR data.
- Innovative access methods for historical texts and corpora.
- Natural language processing of ancient languages (Latin, Greek).
- Visualization techniques and interfaces for search and research in digital humanities.
- Publication and retrieval on e-books and mobile devices.
- Crowdsourcing techniques for collecting and annotating data in digital humanities.
- Enrichment of and metadata production for historical texts and corpora.
- Data created with mobile devices.
- Data presentation and exploration on mobile devices.
- Ontological and linked data based contextualization of digitized and born digital scholarly data resources.
The conference will take place in the Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen, Historical Building, in the framework of the Digitisation Days (1-2 June, 2017).
The programme committee is chaired by Apostolos Antonacopoulos (Salford University, UK) and Marco Büchler (Georg August University Göttingen, Germany) and integrated by:
The following criteria will be applied to all papers submitted to DATeCH 2017 (http://ddays.digitisation.eu/datech-2017/submissions/):
- Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 6 pages in length.
- Only original material will be accepted.
- All submissions will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, indexed in a major digital library.
- The authors of the best contributions will be invited to prepare an extended version for a collective publication of selected papers in an indexed journal (an additional reviewing process will be applied).
|DATeCH 2017 is supported by:The Impact Centre of Competence
||and organised by:the Göttingen State and University Library and the University of Göttingen