The IMPACT Training Materials is a repository of resources that offer practical guidance to museums, libraries and archives undertaking or considering a text-based digitisation project.
These training materials consist of a logically structured series of materials that deal with all the common stages of a digitisation workflow. It provides general guidelines, case studies, tools and training materials that will help resolve most issues facing a digitisation project or programme. These resources are particularly aimed at digitisation projects and programmes that are creating workflows to handle OCR on historic text.
These resources were founded primarily on experience and research undertaken during the IMPACT project (http://www.impact-project.eu).
One can either browse the materials by the type of resource:
- Best Practice Guide: An in depth review of the subject, giving the reader a good understanding of the main points.
- Briefing Paper: A short introductory overview to the subject, giving the reader a basic understanding of the key relevant points.
- Case Study: A case study of an element of the topic, explaining the research and actual findings from one of the IMPACT partners.
- Open Educational Resources: Online Learning objects that cover all stages of the digitisation workflow.
- Workflow Resources: Workflow resources helping in digitisation projects.
or by the document topic: