Day 2 of the conference began with Hildelies Balk-Pennington de Jongh thanking the sponsors ABBYY and Planman, without whom the conference would not be possible.She then provided us with her own summary of the previous day’s key messages.
- When accessing collections digital always wins
- Improving access is imperative!
- Larger volumes often pose problems, indexing will often grind to a halt
- Do not economise on the quality of your images, they will be the basis for future OCR improvement
- In IMPACT all individual steps in digitisation workflow has already been made better, faster or cheaper
- First productive OCR test in 17th Century Newspapers already 15% more words found
- Post correction will always be necessary
- For correction we need the crowd
- What will be do with the mountains of information, it may become too big to search efficiently!
The messages led succinctly into introductions of the day two speakers.
Share this Post