Join our creative, Round Table workshop on Tuesday morning, 20th May, 9.00-11.00, to shape future research and funding in digitisation and how Centres of Competence can support these objectives in cooperation with researchers and cultural heritage institutions.
This is your chance to brainstorm ideas, comment on the direction in which the digital library is developing, and explore the concept behind Centres of Competence like IMPACT. It will be an opportunity to tell us your needs and raise new questions, and to really make the most of the digital library.
Share your thoughts
During this session you will have the opportunity to comment on questions such as:
- What research is needed to further the development of the Digital Library?
- How can Centres of Competence assist your research or development?
- In digitisation, are we ready to move the focus from quantity to quality?
- What enrichments, e.g. in Named Entity Recognition, Linked Data services, or crowdsourcing for OCR correction, would be most beneficial for digitisation?
- What’s your take on Labs and Virtual Research Environments? What would you like to do in these types of research settings? What do you expect to get out of them?
The Round Table will take place at “Sala El Frontón” at Biblioteca Nacional de España. For further information on the venue, please visit the Digitisation Days site.
To register for the Digitisation Days, please follow this link.