What is the Impact Centre of Competence?
The Impact Centre of Competence in Digitisation is a not for profit organisation, comprised of public and private institutions, with the mission to make the digitisation of historical printed text “better, faster, cheaper”. It provides tools, services and facilities to further advance the state-of-the-art in the field of document imaging, language technology and the processing of historical text.
Who is behind the Impact Centre of Competence?
The Impact Centre of Competence is governed by a Board of institutions (premium members) and managed by the Fundación Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes and it’s located at the facilities of the Fundación Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes, Plaza Manuel Gómez Moreno, 2, Edificio Mahou (anexo), 3º, 28020, Madrid (España).
What are the benefits of joining the Impact Centre of Competence?
- Connection to a unique network, bringing together different communities of digitisation practitioners, content holders, researchers, technical experts, and service providers.
- Support to showcase, test and evaluate the latest OCR tools and techniques.
- Documentation on tools for OCR and language processing, with links to the tool providers.
- Access to digitisation expertise, learning resources and online training.
- Access to the unique IMPACT image collection, ground truth dataset and language resources.
- Participation in special working groups on digitisation standards.
- Access to new projects and funding opportunities.
Discover here how to be part of the Impact Centre of Competence.