K(nowledge)-centres are important components of the CLARIN Knowledge Sharing Infrastructure, as these are the places where people from within and outside the CLARIN community can get access to specialized knowledge and expertise in many fields. At this moment CLARIN has 16 K-centres, covering a variety of languages (and language families), modalities, data types, technologies and more (see the complete list on https://www.clarin.eu/content/knowledge-centres).
The IMPACT Centre of Competence and CLARIN ERIC are proud to announce the recent establishment of IMPACT as CLARIN K-Centre, IMPACT-CKC.
IMPACT, founded in 2012 as competence centre in digitisation, has the mission of making digitisation in historical printed text better, faster and cheaper. Since 2012, IMPACT is providing the following services and resources:
- Advice on digitisation strategies and performance.
- A survey on tools for text digitisation, open to developers and other digitisation community members for adding new tools.
- Online demonstrator platform tools for testing.
- Language resources for 10 historical languages.
- A dataset of over 250,000 high-quality images and 50,000 ground truth files.
- Training materials for both digitisation tools and techniques.
- Online training (webinars) for IMPACT members.
- A map of the digitisation landscape, including projects and initiatives on digitisation and related fields.
A sample case on the services offered by IMPACT-CKC helpdesk can be found at https://www.clarin.eu/blog/what-impact-k-centre-can-do-you.
Share this Post