- Planned opening date: November 5, 2019.
- Deadline: March 12, 2020 17:00:00 (Brussels time).
- Types of action: Research and Innovation Action (RIA)
- Pillar: Societal Challenges.
- Work programme part: Europe in a changing world – Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Estimated funding amount: 3M EURO per proposal.
According to the call, the specific challenge is to enable heritage institutions scholars and practitioners to fully use the potential of digital technologies for managing, studying, conserving, restoring, making accessible, interlinking, disseminating and preserving their collections.
Proposals should demonstrate how the new technologies, methods and data formats would help to present cultural and historic remains and memories in a comprehensive and attractive though scientifically based way, supporting the promotion of Europe’s cultural heritage. Proposals should also show how the preservation and analysis of the tangible and intangible resources of our cultural heritage would enhance our understanding of cultural history. They should also deliver solutions to the problem that language change hampers static ways of retrieving the information from historic data collections. The economic impact for the creative industries and the scientific impact for cultural institutions who own content will include gains from use and re-use of digital assets.
For further information on this topic, please visit the call web page.
Share this Post