What do we offer?
The Impact Centre of Competence provide historical and named entities lexica for the following languages:
- Bulgarian (Historical lexicon)
- Czech (Historical lexicon)
- Dutch (Historical and Named Entities lexica)
- English (Historical and Named Entities lexica)
- French (Historical lexicon)
- German (Historical and Named Entities lexica)
- Polish (Historical lexicon and diachronic corpus)
- Slovene (Historical lexicon and diachronic corpus)
- Spanish (Historical lexicon and diachronic corpus)
- Latin (Historical lexicon)
In addition, we offer access to the following corpora:
What is a lexicon?
A lexicon is a structured, machine-usable repository of relevant linguistic knowledge about words in a language. A lexicon will contain historical variants (orthographical variants, inflected forms) and link them to a corresponding dictionary form in modern spelling (known as a ‘modern lemma’). In this way, a user can search for a modern word (‘water’) and receive results that take into account all historical variants in that language (‘wæter’, ‘weter’, ‘waterr’, ‘watre’, etc.)
- IMPACT deliverable D-EE2.8 Development and Use of Computational Lexica for OCR And IR on Historical Documents. A Cross-Language Perspective
- Depuydt, K. and J. de Does, Computational Tools and Lexica to Improve Access to Text Article in: Fons Verborum. Feestbundel voor prof. dr. A.M.F.J. (Fons) Moerdijk, aangeboden door vrienden en collega’s bij zijn afscheid van het INL. Edited by E. Beijk, L. Colman e.a., Leiden/Amsterdam (2009): p. 187-199.
- de Does, J. IMPACT Lexica in OCR and IR. IMPACT Final Conference 2011, 24-25 October, London, UK
- Depuydt, K. Overview of the Language Work in IMPACT. IMPACT Final Conference 2011, 24-25 October, London, UK
- Impact Final Conference Language Session